The League of Extraordinary Motoring Gentlemen

A refuge for politically incorrect outmoded ideas, quaint mechanical contraptions and dated fashion HOME OF THE MEN IN WHITE

Name:
Location: Quebec, Canada

Official Pre-War Registrar for the North American Singer Owners Club An active Singer car enthusiast, restorer and driver for over 34 years Member of NASOC, SOC and ASCO.

Friday, May 12, 2006

A Domestic Diversion...


Wot Ho Men!

Took the Singer up to the old family seat to see Pater and Mater and do a little shooting. She ran like a bird, ‘comme normale’ and I smoked a few MG’s on the old North Circular. Rotten hard cheese for them, eh?

“Scrotum’, our old wrinkled family retainer greeted me at the door, He’s still hanging around…must be 90 by now, old dear.

Mater is getting a bit doddery and has trouble with her water works, but can still dole out a good smack to the hired help when required. Pater was about somewhere. Mater thought there might have been a burglary in the servant’s quarters as dear old Pater had muttered something about breaking in the third floor maid. The biggest surprise was learning that sis has joined the Navy. Still, she always did say she had a taste for seamen.

I bid them Ta Ta on the Sunday and made my way to meet “Skids” down at the Brooklands Clubhouse for a few ‘Ginnies’. I was appalled to find that Frenchman driver, Pierre La Fey, lounging in my favourite chair. He was in a ‘sarkie’ mood and smelling of onions. “Oyez, loook at dat!”, he roared, spying my rather spiffy League of Extraordinary Motoring Gentlemen blazer crest, “Eee drives a Sangaar, but eet says Le MG!”

Well, blue blazes and bl**dy ding-dongs! That had me seeing red, make no mistake, and I threatened to send my Batman, Raggs, over to give the blighter a jolly good thrashing!

He must have seen the steely resolve in my eyes and knew better than to tackle with an Englishman’s Batman because he lurched off giving me a rude gesture and muttering something.

What is a ‘Chapeau Anglais’ anyway?

Motor On!

Sir Nigel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home